Saturday, June 24, 2006

a squalid Starbucks


I tend to think of Starbucks as a fairly predictable chain of coffee houses. I know what the coffee will be like, the espresso brownie is always delicious, and I expect a fairly decent area to sit and congregate in. But the Starbucks in Princeton, NJ (in the main street facing the university) is squalid. There's no other way to describe it. Of all the places for the franchise to get it wrong, this has to be the oddest. My seating area smelt of sick today. As you enter you see a vast dead area with no functional counter and rubber mats strewn over the floor. Cleaning materials are placed awkwardly in the way of customers. There's a smelly toilet (the cleaning materials are presumably decorative), the main queuing area is too narrow for comfortable movement, and I could continue, but I think I've said enough. This is a really shite Starbucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home