Wednesday, January 07, 2009

new Ryanair scam

I arrived at Gatwick today to fly Ryanair FR117 to Dublin. I queued at the desk and prepared to check in. Imagine my shock when, for the first time in thirty-five years of air travel, I was told I would have to pay £10 for checking in. They informed me this was evident in the small print of my Internet booking form, but I hadn't seen it. Given that it signals a major change, I think Ryanair is up to its old tricks of tacking on charges and not making it too obvious to the beleaguered customer until it's too late. This view was confirmed by a large queue of people at the Servisair desk parting with £10 for the same outrageous scam.

No wonder Ryanair is a byword in devious charging. Please, please don't let them get Aer Lingus, an airline with some vestiges of decency left.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home