Monday, January 12, 2009

the astonishing stupidity of motorists

The road on which I live has cars parked on both sides: the houses are terraced so there are no drives. Recently, Dublin parking officials banned people from part-parking on the pavement, so the road has become very narrow for cars passing through. As I approach the road last night, I noticed the headlights of two cars coming in the opposite direction, so I pulled into the kerb to let them pass. Another motorist coming round the corner came up behind me and starting blasting her horn. Unmoved, I held my ground, so the idiot overtook me and almost collided with the oncoming cars. It took them several minutes to find room to pass each other and she had to back up. Horns were heard ...

I never cease to be astonished at the impatience, crass stupidity, and selfishness of people when they get behind the wheel. This one was classic case. If she had waited just thirty seconds we would all have passed through without a hitch. (I notice she drove into the housing estate on our road, so she could well be local.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home